First of all THANK YOU for all your responses to my last post. It was tough to openly write about it, but I’m so glad I did. The response was amazing and helped me to find the strength to stop ignoring the issues and face them instead.
My surprise visit to Germany was a full success! My sister was totally shocked to see me and we both just hugged and cried and it was so nice to see her. Growing up, my family did not show any feelings, we barely hugged each other. So doing this now is huge and I”m so glad my sister and I are soo close! The surprise could have not been better!
Most of the time we stayed at my sister’s house with my brother and law and niece and nephew. It was fun to just hang out together and not having a tough schedule. On Day 3 I decided to visit my grand mother which was great. She is 92 years old and still able to live by herself. She made us tea and we had a great talk. I’m amazed how independent and smart she is. She remembers everything and you can have a regular conversation with her. I wish I will be like her!!
After that, we visited my mother. As expected she was super excited, and that kind of annoyed me, it almost felt fake. Of course there was never a word about all the issues the family has, but I didn’t want to go there either. We stayed for an hour and had a very superficial talk. Sadly at the end of the hour I didn’t even know what to talk about.
The rest of the time, we took it easy and had a great time with my sister and her family. But we totally forgot to take pictures!! Oh no!!
- How far along: 23 weeks
- Baby size: Pomegranate
- Total weight gain: 13.9 lbs (baby 1.25 lbs)
- Stretch marks? None, so far. In addition to the “milking grease” my sister mailed me from Germany, I bought some Cocoa Butter Oil Spray. It’s just quicker to apply then the greasy cream. Unfortunately, it has this very strong chocolate smell and I just can’t stand it.
- Sleep: I’m still getting good sleep, I usually fall asleep on my stomach but then spend most of the night on my back or side. Still no bath room stops or food runs at night. I don’t sleep with any support pillows yet. I looked at them though and they look very comfy.
- Exercise: no exercise this week, being super lazy since I was on vacation
- Best moment this week: Surprising my sister in Germany!
- Worst moment this week: 2 days of belly pain (after flying for 8 hours)
- Miss anything? Sushi, wine
- Movement: I start feeling the little one more and more. She is definitely getting stronger, once in a while she has some good kicks
- Food cravings: No cravings, but enjoyed German food all week. I’m sure next week’s weight in will show that, but it was too good to say no!
- Anything making you queasy or sick: nope! I’m super lucky! I never felt sick or nauseous so far.
- Gender: GIRL
- Labor signs: none
- Symptoms: Overall feeling great, after flying for 8 hours to Germany, my belly hurt and I had little bleeding. Also my digestive system crashed a little due to jet leg. After 2 days I felt good again.
- Belly button in or out? in, no changes yet
- Wedding rings on or off? on
- Happy or moody most of the time: happy and a little scared of labor and being a mom, can I do that?
- How daddy feels: doing good, enjoying finding god Black Friday deals
- Purchases: we bought a little green “dragon” in Germany
- Looking forward to: Christmas break :)
- no bump picture this week, forgot to take one :( But instead a picture of my favorite maternity shirt :