July was all about work. A big project was finalized and it was crazy, many 12 hour days + 3 hours commuting daily made not much time for fun or running. I’m glad it is over and overall it all worked out ok.
- My husband and I created a “wedding wall”. We bought 50% off frames and printed the pictures at home. Looks awesome! I can’t stop looking at it!
- Went for a quick family trip to NYC, we had a blast! And the best part was a friend from my hometown in Germany was in NYC the same day and we met up for lunch. I found out he was in town the day before through Facebook. So fun!
- My dog’s and my birthday!! My husband spoiled me and got me a wonderful necklace – I’m one lucky girl!
- My BFF who currently lives in Kenya was visiting the US and we got to see each other a few times. It was so nice to hang out and catch up!
- Free runner app, that will make you feel safer while running: Road ID
- I’m a Swirlgear Ambassador!
- We finally found a cleaning company, having a clean house feels SO good!
- Contacted a local sport nutritionist and personal trainer. I would like to focus on my diet (get IBS under control) and also incorporate strength training in my work out routine.
Not so good:
- super busy at work, the software finally got launched. In August we should be back to work-life balance – hopefully!
- 23 days of non running and exercising
- my treadmill finally gave up, but thanks to Costco’s amazing return policy, they will pick it up and give me a full refund 2 YEARS after I bought!
- Long weekend in NYC
- Weekend in Richmond, VA for a wedding
- July 20: Downtown Mile
- “The Violets of March” by Sarah Jio – Best book I have read in months!!!. Can’t stop reading!! *****5 out of 5 stars!
- What I talk about when I talk about Running by Haruki Murakami (audio book) – it was ok, sometimes a little boring ***3 out of 5stars!
- “Solo: A Memoir of Hope” (audio book) – I really enjoyed this audio book, would recommend this to anybody who loves biographies. I was sad when the book was over.
- started: “Gold” by Chris Cleave – I’m 25% in and it still is a little slow.
- Run 13 half marathons in 2013: 8 half marathons done, 5 to go
- Run the local race series (finish with more than 940 points): (current points 899) – 5 done, 2 to go
- enjoy wedding planning (simplify and do not stress): Success! We got married on May 24 and I was way less stressed than I ever thought I would be! It was emotional, especially the first few month. But it was all worth it, the wedding was perfect and I wouldn’t do it any other way!
- write a wedding blog and turn it into a book: Success! went well and I’m considering turning it into a family blog.
- rent out my condo by the end of the year: Success! Tenants moved in May 29! So far no issues.
Excitement for next month:
- half marathon #9 and #10 in 2013
- making life a priority again and stop thinking about work
- my brother in law and fiance are expecting their baby girl – due date August 3
- treadmill shopping – any recommendations?