1. Google Reader
I got a notifaction yesterday that Google Reader won’t be available anymore after July1! Oh no! I love the Google Reader and this is the way I keep up with blog reading! What I love about the Google Reader:
- Easy to add blogs (just enter the website)
- Easy to track blogs, it shows which one you have read and which you haven’t. It also shows how many unread blogs you have and it highlights the blogs that have unread posts.
- Accessible anywhere! Just enter http://www.google.com and sign in, now you can read blogs from any computer, phone or tablet.
I was doing a little research and found this article from Cnet (HERE). I downloaded the Feedly and started playing with it. I liked that it takes over all google reader blogs, no need to enter them all again! The layout and design is nice, let’s see if it also is user-friendly.
2. Best Body Boot Camp
Over the last few years I always try to do more strength training but it’s tough for me. I just can’t motivate myself to do so. I hear all the time how beneficial it is for runner. I recently heard about Best Body Boot Camp (more info HERE), which is an online 8 week boot camp for $25. Weekly workouts will be emailed to you and you will track your progress online (Hello Accountability!). Other benefits:
- stay motivated
- learn new workout ideas
- challenge yourself in new ways
- focus on other health-related goals of your choosing
- have fun with healthy living!
So I decided to sign up. It starts April 1 and ends May 26. The timing couldn’t be better. I’m getting married on May 24!
3. Shamrock Half Marathon
This weekend is the Shamrock Half Marathon and also my Bachelorette Party Weekend! I will go with 5 of my running friends to VA Beach to run, to party and to cheer on one of our friends who tries (and will( qualify for Boston! My green socks and tutu are ready and so am I!