In December I usually write a review of the year and many times I have a difficult time to remember what really happened, especially early in the year. So I decided to write a monthly post about the ups and downs, not only running related, just life in general.
- I got a raise
- Ravens made the Superbowl – YEAH!!
- won 3rd in my age group in 2012 race series (organized by my running club)
- Wedding updates:
Not so good:
- only 3 weekday runs
- didn’t reach my planned 83 miles. I only ran 56 miles.
- work continues to be tough (emotionally)
- got “back stabbed” at work by a co-worker and my boss is not very supportive, which leaves me very frustrated
- one of my employees was very moody and it affected the whole team, luckily he got himself back together by the end of the month. Let’s hope it stays that way.
- had an argument with a co-worker I really care about
- Weekend trip with my fiance to Charleston, SC
- ran 2 half marathons
- The Pearl Trilogy (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Run 13 half marathons in 2013: Great! I ran 2 half marathons this month. 2 down, 11 to go.
- Run the local race series (finish with more than 940 points): First race is in February
- enjoy wedding planning (simplify and do not stress): Success!! Once we decided to go to Jamaica and booked out wedding moon, I felt great! Even with the dress, I feel very calm and I feel good! I’m happy and excited and count down the days, but I’m not worried or anxious. I really trust the Sandals people and feel we are in good hands.
- write a wedding blog and turn it into a boo: Success! Check it out HERE.
- rent out my condo by the end of the year: Currently the plan is to move to my fiance’s house in June. Once I moved I will look into renting the place.
Right on track with my 2013 goals!
How was your January?
Were you able to stick to your set goals?