Muscles Worked: Chest and Back
Workout Type: push-up variations, chest presses and chest flies, bent-over rows, back extensions, renegade rows, prone press up, overhead pullovers, cool-down and stretch.
Must have’s: Dumbbells, I used 5 and 10 lbs dumbbells
Good to have: Fitness ball
Duration: 35 minutes
Warm Up (4:19): Fast moving and I was almost out of breath!
Oblique crunch (12 per side)
Plank twist/elbow to opposite knee (12 per side)
Shoulder circles, 15 forward, 15 backward
Push ups (8 to 12)
Bent over row (8 to 12)
Chest press (8 to 12)
Alternating pull over (8 to 12)
Decline push up on stability ball (8 to 12)
Prone stability ball alternating press (8 to 12)
Db uppercut, across to opposite shoulder (8 to 12)
Db deadlifts (8 to 12)
Chest fly on ball (8 to 12)
Superman on ball (8 to 12)
Db push up/row (8 to 12)
Cool Down (5:57): My favorite part! Easy, slow and the feeling you are done, makes it perfect!
I’m really bad in strength exercise and haven’t done any in ages. Here are my thoughts:
- I like that he shows you first the upcoming routine, so you know what’s coming and you have time to get ready.
- Instead of doing one exercise 3 times and then do the next exercise. He usually shows you a routine of 2-3 moves, then repeats this for 2-3 times. I like that.
- The fitness ball was optional, he showed moves that can be done as an alternative in case you don’t have the ball.
- I like that it only takes 30-45 minutes.
- Doing this DVD for the first time, they moved a little fast, but I think that’s good once I’m getting better (hopefully). For now I just pause the DVD.
Have you tried Supreme 90 Days?
Do you include strength training in your running routine? If yes, what’s your favorite work out?
Next up: Day 2: Ultimate Ball (Core workout)