Taper is taking its toll on me!
1. I’m getting sick!
I woke up this morning having a bad headache, my nose stuffed, my ear hurt and my body aching. Not good! I have 5 days left until the marathon! Since I was cold all day long, I had tons of tea and chicken soup. A friend told me to take Cold-Eeze, this should help to shorten the cold. Plus, I’m planning on taking a hot bath tonight.
2. The weather!
First it was cloudy and 0% chance of rain, then on Sunday it changed to showers and 40% chance of run. Monday was back to perfect: no rain, cloudy and temps in the low 60’s. Well, this morning we are back to 40% chance of rain!
I’m not sure exactly why I’m afraid of. I like training for a marathon, but once we are getting close to the race I wish I could bail out.
· I’m afraid I will be in pain and not being able to finish
· I’m afraid I have a bad day
· I’m afraid the weather sucks
· I’m afraid I will be sick
· I’m afraid I will be disappointed
· I’m afraid of not achieving my goal
· I’m afraid I will not be able to keep up with the 9:30 pace group
· I’m afraid I will have breathing issues
Writing this list made me feel better and I realized all the things I’m afraid of are really not that bad! This is what I will do:
· I trained hard and ran 2 great 20 milers, I can run a marathon! I have to believe in myself!!
· If I have a bad day or I’m sick, I will not be ashamed of not finishing this race.
I will see how it goes and listen to my body. Sometimes life is not fair and things are just not perfect. I will do my best on race day and see how it goes. It’s early in the fall season and worse case I can always run another fall marathon (Richmond) and proof that I can do this!