The last few weeks were tough and I ended up feeling sorry for myself. Well, this didn’t help me at all, so I told myself enough is enough. If I want something, I have to do it and not just whine about it. This is one of my favorite quotes:
If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think!
So I created a new plan of attack!
Running: Stick to my marathon training plan
I started so well and somehow lost my motivation. I only have 3 more tough weeks and then the taper starts. I’m almost there. I can’t give up just now, especially since I am so close.
Life: Take it one day at a time and do one thing a day you enjoy
Be grateful what I have and enjoy the little things in life again! This seems simple, but sometimes I forget about it. I get caught up about the things I don’t like and can’t change and get frustrated and whiny about that, instead I should focus on the positive things in life. And there are so many!! But for some reason it is much easier to focus on the bad ones. In the next few days/weeks, I will try to focus on the positive side of life!
Running goals for today:
- Run 8 miles (3 at lunch and 5 in the evening) – done
Today I’m looking forward to:
- my boyfriend visiting me tonight. I picked up some Sushi and then we watched tv and hang out. Best way to relax after 8 miles of running.
Today I’m thankful for:
- today was my first day without headache
- the beautiful sunrise I saw this morning driving to work (see above picture)
Today I’m proud of:
- I ran twice today (lunch and in the evening)
- Change of attitude – I decided to focus on the positive and stop being negative
How was your day today? What are you proud of/thankful/grateful for?
And what are you looking forward to this week?