I recently signed up for the the Ninth Annual Marshall University Marathon, which is scheduled for Sunday, November 11th, 2012 at 7:00 am. They offer a half and full marathon, marathon relay and a 5k.This is a great fall race!
The course is flat and fast and USATF certified. It is a perfect course to run to qualify for Boston. The highlight is to run through Marshall University campus on their way to a goal-line finish in Marshall Football Stadium. Footballs will be available to carry in the final 100 yards if desired!
Flowers will be handed out as you enter campus. This is a memorial for the plane crash victims from November 14th, 1970 (for which the movie We are Marshall was made).
All full marathon registrants who enter by September 2nd will get a full-zip jacket made by Brooks !! Everyone (including early marathon participants) will receive a short sleeve tech shirt from Brooks also. Everyone also gets a unique finisher’s medal, which is specially designed for the event in a 3D format.
And if this still hasn’t convinced you, here are 11 reasons why you should run the Marshal University Marathon:
- Be a part of the largest marathon in West Virginia
- A super fast course; rated top 10 on MarathonGuide.com in percentage of people qualifying for the Boston Marathon
- Great Finishing Medals
- Great Brooks Jacket to early marathon registrants; Brooks long sleeve tech shirts without advertising all over for later registrants
- Great Awards (usually collectible Blenko Glass)
- Run along the Ohio River and also thru Ritter Park
- Timed by disposable chronotrack tags
- Carry a football to the goal line finish at Marshall University Football Stadium
- Complimentary Dean Ornish pasta dinner pre-race
- Great post race food and refreshments on the football field
- Last and most important: I will be there! Let’s meet!!
For more info, check out the race website HERE