I know the heat sucks and running is miserable right now. Tomorrow we are expecting another 100+ degree day here in VA. Unfortunately, we can not change the weather, but we can change the way we think. At the end of the day, we have 2 choices:
Choice #1: Complain about it all the time and feel awful
Choice #2: Suck it up and do the best we can do about it
I decided to go with the 2nd choice and the best way to trick my mind is to make a list with reasons why running in the summer is AWESOME:
1. There is no guessing in regards to which clothes to wear, you know to wear the least amount possible -> less stress preparing for the run and less laundry!
2. Running in the heat will teach your body to work more efficient and therefore makes you a stronger runner
3. A cold drink/smoothie after a run tastes soo much better in the summer. I really like Starbuck’s Iced Caramel macchiato! Mmhh!
4. You sweat a lot – your friends and neighbors will think you are hard core for running during the summer
5. You see hopefully good looking guys running without shirt
6. You run very early in the morning, which means you have more time during the day to have fun!
7. Water melon tastes the best after a hot, humid race!
Tell me, why do you LOVE running in the summer?